Quality Assurance Tester
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA • FULL-TIME OR CONTRACT
Caavo is seeking a Quality Assurance Tester who will be responsible for product testing. The ideal candidate has a passion for figuring out how living room entertainment devices work, is a tinkerer, a problem solver and a fast learner.
- Partner with other Caavo QA team members to help reproduce and resolve critical issues
- Execute test plans for various Audio/Video entertainment devices such as cable/satellite boxes, game consoles, media players, blu-ray players, audio video receivers, TVs, etc.
- Test various functionalities of Caavo’s product hardware
EXPERIENCE + QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands-on experience setting up Network environments
- Hands-on experience setting up TV, AV and home theater systems
- Hands-on experience with living room consumer electronics devices, including streaming boxes, cable/satellite boxes and game consoles
- Hands-on experience setting up wireless and other networks
- Experience writing clear and concise bug reports with reproducible steps, with a solid understanding of a bug’s life-cycle
- Knowledge with Mac/PC, Android and iOS operating systems and using MS Office/Google Docs
- Proficient in following Test Plans and Test Cases
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Dedicated, timely and methodical
- Independent thinker and quick learner
- Bachelors in EE/EC/CS/IT, preferred but not required
- 2 to 5 yrs of experience with testing living room consumer electronic devices such as TVs, Cable/Satellite boxes, media players, AVRs, game consoles, etc.
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, CM Synergy, Postman, ADB, etc.
- Mobile application testing experience